Arabian Luxuries take the protection of your off and online privacy extremely seriously.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
When you register, make a purchase, sign up for discounts, clubs and memberships or promotions, we request personal information. The service you wish to access, determines what information we collect, such as:
- Name, postal address, telephone number and email address when making a purchase, even if you do not complete the transaction.
- Delivery details, as well as details of any orders you have placed via www.arabianluxuries.com
- Details you provide when you contact us or make an enquiry, either general or specific to an order or item you have or wish to purchase
- Information about your visit(s) to our website, including any resources you access
- Information submitted if you report an issue or problem with our website
We will still collect personal details entered and information on your activity on the website, even if you do not use any of our services or do not complete a purchase. We do this, so we can better understand our customers, what products and services interest you, to enable us to improve our website, to provide you with a better online experience with us, as well as tailor and improve the services available to and for you. Please see the “Cookies” section for further information.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may use your information in the following ways, dependent upon your interaction with us:
- To facilitate your use of the website and any services available through it
- To process your order and collect payment, facilitate you to track your order online, via our members portal, arrange delivery and other order-related services (may include contacting you by: telephone, email or SMS), to confirm or upgrade your delivery and for any ongoing communications between ourselves, such as complaints, exchanges, returns and refunds.
- Statistical analysis, to monitor business performance, improve products and services.
- Personalise and improve user experience when visiting the website (see Cookies), as well as keep you informed about other products and services which may be of interest to you.
WHO DO WE SHARE IT WITH?
Except as required by law, we do not share your data with any third parties.
KEEPING YOU INFORMED
From time to time, we may contact you, to update you about any products, services or promotions which may be relevant to you. This may include:
- Delivery alerts and updates
- New launches and services
- Sales, promotional events and discounts
- Return, refund or complaint updates
We may contact you via telephone, SMS or email, using the contact details you have provided and registered with us during your different encounters with us. We will only use method(s) of communication which you have consented to. By providing your contact details via www.arabianluxuries.com, you consent to being contacted by these methods.
If you do not wish to be contacted via a particular method, please email us at [email protected], so we may adjust our records appropriately. Note, updates can take up to 10 working days.
If you wish to unsubscribe from the Arabian Luxuries mailing list, please use the link at the bottom of the email we have sent you, to be removed from our mailing list. Note; although your marketing preferences will be respected, your details may not necessarily be removed from Arabian Luxuries Records, due to your transaction history with us.
SECURITY & STORAGE
Although Arabian Luxuries have policies, measures and rules in place to take all reasonable actions in safeguarding your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any and all information you submit online. All offline information is stored on secure systems and held only to provide services we offer for meeting requirements of the law, therefore, this information is held for as long as necessary.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are tiny files which help track website usage, as well as to personalise your journey. They can be stored, so if you return to a website, the website server can recall information from the cookies stored on your computer, to tailor your experience of the site.
Almost all web browsers have cookie storing enabled as a default and cookies are perfectly safe to be stored on your computer. However, all browsers offer the option to disable cookies being stored on your computer, should you wish to do this.
Please see “Managing cookies” to learn how to change cookie settings for your browser.
To receive the full benefits of online shopping and personalised features at www.arabianluxuries.com, your computer, tablet or mobile phone device will need to accept cookies; without which, we will not be able to provide you with certain personalised features, which are cookie-dependent.
Again, cookies don’t store sensitive information, such as address, name and payment information; they simply hold the “key”, which, once you’re logged or signed in, is associated with this information. If you would prefer to restrict, delete or block cookies from Arabian Luxuries or any other website, you may use your browser for this. Each browser has their own way of doing this, so access the “help” tab of your particular browser (or mobile phone or tablet device) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
See the list below for the main cookies we use and what they are used for by us:
- AJAXA cookie: determines whether your web browser supports some of the features of our checkout, which makes checking out simpler and quicker to complete
- ASP.NET_SessionId cookie: allows our web servers to respond to your actions on the website such as “add to basket”, or browsing the website. Without these, the website won’t work for you
- BasketXML & CookieID cookies: stores items in your basket, without which, your shopping basket won’t work
You can manage cookies which you allow on your computer through the internet browser you use. You may also request to be alerted each time a cookie is offered.
See below for instructions on managing your cookies, using the most popular browsers:
Find out which internet browser you use
- ON PC: click on “HELP” at top of browser window and select “ABOUT”
- ON APPLE MAC: click on Apple menu and select “ABOUT” (the browser must be open)
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES: INTERNET EXPLORER
- Choose “tools”
- Click on “internet options”
- Click on “privacy tab”
- Move the slider to select your settings
- Click on “advanced” for more detailed privacy settings
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES: SAFARI
- Select “preferences” from Safari Menu
- Select “security”
- Select your settings from cookie settings shown
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES: GOOGLE CHROME
As a default, Google Chrome allows all cookies. You can manage behaviour of first and third-party cookies and even block them completely.
- Click on “tools” menu
- Select “options”
- Click “under the bonnet” tab
- Click on “privacy”
- Click on “content settings”
- Click on “cookie settings” tab and select your preferred settings
OPTING OUT OF COOKIES: MOZILLA FIREFOX
You can configure which sites are permitted to set cookies, how long they’re kept, as well as view and manage your existing cookies.
- Click on “menu”
- Click on “options”
- Click on “privacy”
- Click on “cookies”
- Select your settings
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, Arabian Luxuries is the data controller.
You have the right to access information Arabian Luxuries holds about you; your right of access may ne exercised in accordance with the Act mentioned above. You can lodge an access request for free. However, depending on the personal information you request, we may impose a charge, to recover costs incurred in furnishing you with details of the information we hold about you. We will notify you of any such charge, upon receiving your access request. We will then confirm whether you wish to proceed with the request and process any such charge.
We are always happy to hear from our customers, whether positive or constructive. We appreciate the time you spend in providing us with information we need, to ensure our customers have the best experience while on our website and leave, thoroughly satisfied – we want you to keep coming back to us and recommend us to friends and family!! If you have any questions or feedback about this statement or you wish for us to cease possessing and processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact us (details provided below) and a member of the Arabian Luxuries team will be happy to assist and answer any questions you may have.
You can contact us at:
Suite G02 Gnd Flr | Parma House,
London N22 6UL
Tel: (+44) 020 4531 0108
Email: [email protected]